The Future of Europe: Understanding and Designing Europe´s Differentiated Present and Future (30h)
Visiting professor, European Political and Governance Studies Department;
Professor for European Integration and European Union Politics, Institute of Political Science, University of Duisburg-Essen;
Jean Monnet Professor ad personam
Previous professional affiliations
Leiden University, Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), Delegation of the European Commission to the United States in Washington, D.C., Secretariat General of the Council of the European Union, European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA), University of Wisconsin-Madison (Political Science/La Follette School of Public Affairs)
M.A. University of Konstanz
PhD Leiden University
Other professional activities
- Visiting Fellow at European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA)
- Carl-Schurz Visiting Professor, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- EP Jean Monnet Academy and European Administrative School Visiting Professor
- Turkish-German University Visiting Professor
- Former Chairman and current Honorary Board Member of TEPSA (Trans European Studies Association)
- Fulbright alumnus and IPC-Mercator Fellow
Problem-oriented, multidisciplinary research on political decision-making and non-voters in multi-level systems; Future of Europe; European Union institutions and governance; European Parliament elections; compliance with EU law, norms and values across Member States
- Kaeding, M., Pollak, J. and Paul Schmidt (Ed.) (2022) Russia and the Future of Europe: Views from the Capitals, Wiesbaden: Springer International Publishing.
- Kaeding, M., Pollak, J. and Paul Schmidt (Ed.) (2022) European Solidarity in Action and the Future of Europe: Views from the Capitals, Wiesbaden: Springer International Publishing.
- Kaeding, M., J. Pollack and P. Schmidt (2020) The impact of Eurosceptic parties on the Future of Europe- Views from the Capitals, London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Haußner, S. and M. Kaeding (2020) Political equality without social equality? Social distortion of voter turnout in the European elections 2019 across nine European capitals, Research&Politics 7(2) https://doi.org/10.1177/2053168020928159
- Kaeding, M., M. Müller und J. Schmälter (2020) Die Europawahl 2019: Ringen um die Zukunft Europas, Wiesbaden: Springer VS.
- Kaeding M., Pollack J. and Schmidt P. (2019) The Future of Europe. Views from the Capitals, London: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Obhozler L., S. Hurka and M. Kaeding (2019) Party Group Coordinators and Rapporteurs: Discretion and Agency Loss along the European Parliament's Chains of Delegation, European Union Politics 20 (2): 239-260.
- Heidebrecht S. and Kaeding M. (2018) Sitting beween European Politics and National Constraints: The Political Economy of the European Central Bank, Capital and Credit Markets 51 (1):1-151.
- Kaeding, M., J. Schmälter and C. Kilka (2017) Pharmacovigilance in the European Union. Practical implementation across Member States, Wiesbaden: Springer.
- Kaeding, M. and E. Versluis (2014) “EU Agencies as a Solution to Pan-European Implementation Problems”, in M. Everson, C. Monda & E. Vos (eds), European Agencies in Between Institutions and Member States, pp. 73-86.
- Kaeding, M. and K. Stack (2015) Legislative Scrutiny? The Political Economy and Practice of Legislative Vetoes in the European Union, Journal of Common Market Studies 53(6): 1268-1284.