The EU-funded project El-Hiwar II will be coming to an end on 19 May 2022 after 47 months of implementation. The project embraced a wide scope of thematic areas and a variety of different activities. Many stakeholders have been involved and have seen the value of the project in contributing to Euro-Arab relations.
The College of Europe Executive Education, Training & Projects Office has organised several activities during this closing phase. One of the key added-values of the project is that, throughout the years, it constituted a unique community of Euro-Arab stakeholders and this community was mobilized during two online working sessions:
- a Strategic Thinkers Forum on March 8th with experts from academia, think tanks and civil society specialized in Euro-Arab relations, and
- a Youth Forum on March 9th gathering participants from the two promotions of the El-Hiwar Summer School.
The project further organised on April 26th an online gathering of the wider group of stakeholders: the key institutional stakeholders of the project (The El-Hiwar project team, the European Commission - DG NEAR, the Secretariat General of the League of Arab States, the European External Action Service - EEAS, the EU Delegation in Cairo, ECLASLO and the League of Arab States Mission in Brussels) but also two spokespersons from the youth forum and a spokesperson from the strategic thinkers forum. It covered the following:
- The next decade for Euro-Arab relations – findings from the consultation of strategic thinkers and exchange with EU and LAS representatives;
- Reflecting on youth recommendations and needs – findings from the youth forum and exchange of ideas with EU and LAS representatives;
- Takeaways, lessons learnt and recommendations for the sustainability of the project’s results.
To communicate on the results of El-Hiwar as well as on key findings of the consultations of stakeholders and takeaways of the closing event, a video in English and Arabic featuring the following is being produced:
- Key facts and figures on El-Hiwar
- Interviews with focal points of the project amongst key stakeholders
The publication and dissemination of the video is foreseen for May 2022.
El-Hiwar II: Training and Information Course on Euro-Arab Diplomacy, is a project funded by DG NEAR and implemented by the College of Europe. It is conceived as a dialogue tool for the EU and the LAS to support strengthened work relations and to learn about each other's functioning, mechanisms and policies.
Should you need any further information do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the project here: www.coleurope.eu/elhiwarii
See more information about our projects: coleurope.eu/projects
All NEWS from the College of Europe
This project is funded by the European Union