During the ‘EU Green Deal Diplomacy Week’ (23-30 January 2023), the students of the College of Europe and participants to the European Diplomatic Academy (EDA) were invited to join two events to discuss the progress of COP27 (Climate) and COP15 (Biodiversity) and to assess the future of the EU’s green deal diplomacy. At the end of the Green Deal Diplomacy week , a call for papers on EU Hydrogen Diplomacy was launched. This call for papers is a cooperation between think tank EPICO, the Energy and Climate Chair and Student Energy Group. This call for papers will run across the second semester of the Academic Year 2022-2023.
More information on each event can be found on the relevant event pages: EU Diplomacy impact on the Mediterranean Ecosystems (student intranet only), After COP 27 in Sharm El-Sheik – What Next for Global Climate Politics? and Call for Papers on EU Hydrogen Diplomacy (student intranet only).
The Call for Papers on EU Hydrogen Diplomacy - a cooperation between think tank EPICO, the Energy and Climate Chair and Student Energy Group – is still open, with an application deadline of 15 February. The authors of the most innovative policy briefs that will be chosen by the jury will have the opportunity to:
- Publish their paper at the think tank EPICO KlimaInnovation
- Present the policy brief at the closing event to be hosted at the Residence of the Egyptian Ambassador to the EU
- Receive an honorarium equal to €300
Jury members of the call for papers include
- Professor Dirk BUSCHLE, Energy Chair at the College of Europe, and Deputy Director & Head of Legal, Energy Community Secretariat
- Professor Simon SCHUNZ, Professor in the EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies at the College of Euorpe
- Professor Andreas GOLDTHAU, Visiting Professor in the EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies at the College of Europe
- Professor Bernd WEBER, Visiting Professor in EU Energy Policy at the College of Europe and CEO EPICO KlimaInnovation
- Professor Klaus-Dieter BORCHARDT, Visiting Senior Fellow at the Oxford Institute for Energy Studies (OIES) and former Deputy Director General (DG ENER), European Commission
- Tatiana MARQUEZ URIARTE, Member of Cabinet of Energy Commissioner Simson
- Yolanda GARCIA MEZQUITA, DG ENER, TF.2. Relations with the Member States and the Neighborhood
- Carlos ALVAREZ AGUILERA, DG ENER, TF.1. Global Demand and International Negoziations
- Cedric LOMBAERTS, Energy Attaché at the Permanent Representation of the Kingdom of Belgium to the European Union
- Emilien GASC, EU Climate Diplomat at the Delegation of the Euroepan Union to the United Kingdom
- Dr David DUTTON, Australian Deputy Ambassador to the EU
- Sarah KAMAL, Second Secretary (Green Hydrogen) at the Egyptian Mission to the EU
- Nicolas GONZALEZ CASARES, MEP
- Ignacio CORRAO, MEP
- Maria Assumpció ROJO TORRENT, Industrial Development Strategy Coordinator, Hydrogen Europe
For more information, please contact Thijs VANDENBUSSCHE (event on 30 January and call for Papers with EPICO) and Sami CHAUVET (event on 23 January).