Professor in Political Science at the Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB)
Optional Workshop : Rule of law in the EU: Tools and Challenges
Previous professional affiliations:
- President of the Institut d’études européennes-ULB (2019-2023)
- Director of the Institut d’études européennes-ULB (2014-2019)
- University of Bologna, IRSIG, post-doctoral researcher (2009-2010)
- Boston University, Centre for European Policy Studies (visiting researcher, 2016)
PhD in Political Science, Université libre de Bruxelles; DEA in Political Science – ULB; MA in EU Studies, Institut d’études européennes-ULB; BA in Political University of Bucharest
Other professional activities:
- Academic coordinator/principal investigator of the Horizon Europe RED-SPINEL project since 2022
- Academic coordinator/principal investigator of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Joint Doctorate Network GEM-DIAMOND since 2022
- Board Member of the re:constitution - Exchange and Analysis on Democracy and the Rule of Law in Europe programme
- Member of the Doctoral School in Political Science of the University of Bucharest, Faculty of Political and Administrative Sciences.
Rule of Law Policy in the EU; Europeanization; EU Politics and Governance; Dissensus over Liberal Democracy; Central and Eastern Europe; Democratization; Institutional and Policy Change
- Coman, R., The Politics of the Rule of Law in the EU Polity, Palgrave Studies in European Union Politics, 2022.
- Coman, R. “Antagonistic understandings of sovereignty in the 2015 Polish constitutional crisis”, Comparative European Politics, 2022.
- Coman, R., Costa, O. and Sierens, V. (eds), EU Council Presidencies in Times of Crises, Palgrave, 2023.
- Bickerton, Ch., Brack, N., Coman, R. & Crespy, A. (eds), “Conflicts of sovereignty in contemporary Europe: a framework of analysis”, Comparative European Politics, 2022.
- Coman, R., Crespy, A. & Schmidt, V. (eds., 2020) Governance and Politics in the Post-Crisis European Union, Cambridge University Press.