The College of Europe, Bruges campus, is looking for a Project Manager (M/F/X) to join its Executive Education, Training & Projects Office in Bruges, Belgium. The Office is the College of Europe’s main link for developing professional training courses, international projects and other professional services for the public and private sectors worldwide.
Examples of current projects implemented by the College of Europe are ERMES III - European Resources for Mediation Support and El-Hiwar – Training and Information Course on Euro-Arab Relations.
For more information on our activities and projects visit: Training & Projects | Coleurope
The different projects may vary in nature, duration and volume. Therefore, flexibility and precision play a major role. With partner organizations and customers from all over the world, the Executive Education, Training & Projects Office is strongly internationally oriented. This dynamic, instructive and international working environment is indeed very demanding but offers on the other hand real satisfaction to people with an open mind, strong language knowledge, a broad sphere of interest and a sense of enterprise.
Description of the position:
The Project Manager will be mainly responsible for initiating, negotiating and managing projects with international partners of the College of Europe. They will work in close cooperation with the rest of the team.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Finding new initiatives and opportunities for business development;
- Writing tender proposals and project applications;
- Implementing and coordinating projects and training courses and seminars (onsite in Bruges, Brussels and worldwide, and online);
- Liaising with experts, professors, trainers, participants and partners;
- Attending meetings and events (in Belgium, abroad and online);
- Budgeting and reporting.
- Postgraduate degree in European studies, law, economics, political science or international relations;
- A very good understanding of the EU, its institutions and policies;
- At least 5 years of professional experience including at least 3 years of professional experience in project management;
- Relevant experience in training design and development is considered a strong asset;
- Knowledge of and relevant experience with tendering procedures (in particular: leading the preparation of tenders for service contracts, technical assistance projects (DG INTPA), framework contracts, etc..) and project implementation;
- Strong experience in building and expanding networks of experts and partners;
- Fluent spoken and written English; fluent spoken and written French is considered as an asset; other languages are considered as an asset;
- Full computer literacy;
- Good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- Open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
An interesting and challenging full-time position in an attractive, multicultural and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to network with partner organisations all over the world and a competitive salary package including benefits.
The position of Project Manager is based in the College of Europe’s office in Bruges (Belgium). Teleworking is possible in agreement with the heads of service (up to two days per week). Regular presence in Brussels to meet partners and clients, organise events, training courses and project activities, as well as networking tasks will be encouraged.
Applications should be written in English and consist of a detailed CV (max. 2 pages) and motivation letter (max. 1 page). They should be sent by Sunday 22 October 2023 to the attention of Ms. Maureen Welsh, to the e-mail address: email@example.com, mentioning “Project Manager (EU Affairs)” in the subject line.
Early applications are highly encouraged. As applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.