On Thursday 18 June 2015, the Natolin (Warsaw) campus of the College of Europe held its Closing Ceremony for the Falcone & Borsellino Promotion 2014-2015.
The ceremony began with a welcome speech by the Vice-Rector, Ms Ewa OŚNIECKA-TAMECKA, and a closing address by the Rector, Professor Dr Dr Jörg MONAR.
The keynote speech was given by special guest Mr Fathallah SIJILMASSI, Secretary General of the Union for the Mediterranean. Mr SIJILMASSI spoke about the history of the Union for the Mediterranean and its current activities to face nowadays serious challenges in the Mediterranean region. He also conveyed his best wishes to the students of the Natolin campus for their future endeavours. His full biography can be found here.
During the Closing Ceremony, several prizes were awarded to the best students of the Natolin campus of the Falcone & Borsellino Promotion 2014-2015:
- Best student of the Promotion: Mr Jack Alexander MORETON BURT (UK);
- Best student of the major "EU Governance": Mr Jack Alexander MORETON BURT (UK);
- Best student of the major "EU as an International Actor": Ms Berina MULOVIC (FR);
- Best student in the framework of the activities of the European Civilization Chair: Mr Przemysław PAZIK (PL);
- Best students (ex aequo) in the framework of the activities of the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair: Mr Tomasz FILIPIAK (PL) & Ms Cecilie JENSEN (DK);
ECDPM award for the best Master's thesis on new directions for EU relations with Africa: Ms Zara REID (UK);
EESC award for the best Master's thesis on the role of the actors of the civil society in the European decision-making process: Mr Grigori YERITSYAN (AM);
Prize of the "Dipartimento italiano politiche europee della Presidenza del Consiglio dei Ministri" for the best Italian student: Mr Tommaso EMILIANI (IT).
The Closing Ceremony ended with a formal lunch at the Natolin Palace and Gardens.