On Tuesday, 28 June 2022, at 10:30, the College of Europe in Natolin held the Graduation Ceremony of the Academic Year 2021/2022 of the Éliane Vogel-Polsky Promotion. The ceremony took place in the Natolin Oaks Garden.
The Natolin Choir opened the ceremony by singing the Ode to Joy, followed by the graduation address of the Rector, Mrs Federica MOGHERINI.
Our guest of honour was Ms Olha STEFANISHYNA, Deputy Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration of Ukraine, who addressed the Natolin students via video message on the current situation in Ukraine.
Had the honor to speak to the graduates of @coenatolin.
I was there last October. So much has happened since then, so much pain & suffering that changed us.
Urged students to be brave, think big, & remember the high cost of compromises. The future of Europe to be decided today
— Olga Stefanishyna (@StefanishynaO) June 28, 2022
Please find a photo gallery of the event:
On the occasion of the ceremony, the following prizes were announced and awarded by Prof. Pascaline WINAND, Prof. Georges MINK and Prof. Tobias SCHUMACHER to the best students and the best Master's theses authors of the Éliane Vogel-Polsky Promotion 2021/2022 at Natolin:
- Best student of the Promotion: Ms Christina Joan STUART (UK)
- Best student of the major EU Public Affairs and Policies: Mr Rhys Padraig NUGENT (UK, IE)
- Best student of the major The EU and the World: Ms Christina Joan STUART (UK)
- Best student of the major The EU and its Neighbours: Mr Comhall James FANNING (IE)
- Best student of the major European History and Civilization: Mr Kilian Nicolas BOURGOIS (BE)
- Outstanding students of the Promotion in the field of European History and Civilization: Mr Lorenzo CORNETTONE (IT) and Ms Jade Coraline IAFRATE (FR)
- Outstanding students of the Promotion in the field of European Neighbourhood Studies: Ms Maya GNECH (IT) and Mr Martí PERA PLANAS (ES)
Martin Sojer memorial prize for the best thesis on a topic related to economics and finances: Ms Christina Joan STUART (UK)
- Prize of the Italian Presidency of the Council of Ministers for the best Italian students: Mr Lorenzo CORNETTONE (IT) and Mr Gianmarco RIVA (IT)
After an intervention by the Student Representatives, the Vice-Rector, Mrs Ewa OŚNIECKA-TAMECKA, delivered the farewell address.
Finally, a family photo was taken in front of the Natolin Palace, and lunch was offered at the Palace Gardens.
The event was open to Natolin students, their dear ones, and the staff. The Graduation Ceremony was live-streamed on our website and YouTube channel. You can watch the complete recording of the Graduation Ceremony below on this page and on our YouTube channel.