On 14 January 2013, the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair organized a round-table debate on "The EU and the Arab Spring. Promoting Democracy and Human Rights in the EU's Southern Neighbourhood" at the Natolin campus of the College of Europe.
Marking the second anniversary of the fall of Tunisia's former President Mr Zine el-Abidine BEN ALI, this round-table brought together experts and scholars from academia and think tanks to discuss the potential and the pitfalls of the EU's past, present, and prospective policies toward its southern neighbourhood.
- Professor Joel PETERS, Virginia Tech University;
- Professor Marco PINFARI, American University of Cairo;
- Mr Michael BAUER, Center for Applied Policy Research, Munich;
- Mr Salam KAWAKIBI, Arab Reform Initiative, Paris;
- Professor Oz HASSAN, University of Warwick;
- Professor Tobias SCHUMACHER, College of Europe - Natolin campus.
For further information, please contact Mr Marek RYBAK at firstname.lastname@example.org.