In the framework of the EU-funded project El-Hiwar III, the College of Europe Executive Education, Training & Projects Office organised an online workshop on Green Transition and Climate Change on...
Participants will be immersed in a five-day seminar on EU energy policy, delivered through lectures, debates, a panel discussion, study visits and a case study, confronting practice with theory.
More specifically, the programme offers a practical approach including the following elements:
Interactive training sessions
- Module 1 | EU Energy Policy: Setting the scene and latest legislative developments: From the Fit for 55 package to the Energy crisis, REPowerEU and Green Deal Industrial Plan
- Module 2 | The Internal Dimension of EU Energy Policy
- Module 3 | The social Dimension of the EU energy Policy
- Module 4 | The External Dimension of EU Energy Policy
- Module 5 | Delivering a Transition Based on Research and Innovation: Industry and Funds – including the role of hydrogen, as well as the Green Finance Strategy, the MFF, recovery plans and the private sector's involvement
Addressing the current energy crisis while pursuing the green agenda is one of the EU's top priorities and challenges. This panel discussion with top-level panellists will engage participants to explore the external impacts and discuss the strategy underlying the EU's energy policy.
These visits are designed to provide participants with opportunities to study in detail specific subjects related to the EU Energy policy. Participants will get a chance to see the inner workings of the EU Institutions, meeting officials and overseeing the policy implementation.
An all practice-oriented session aimed to identify, develop and practice European energy policy-governance skills.
The College of Europe has responded to the high and growing relevance of energy policy on the European and global agenda with the creation of the IBERDROLA Manuel Marín Chair in European Energy Policy.
As a result, participants will be able to learn about the experience of the main actors in the transition through the IBERDROLA business case study, looking into the impact of EU policies on the private sector.