On 1 December Rector Mogherini will give a lecture at KULeuven on “How to keep Europe united in times of geopolitical turmoil ?” More information can be found via this link. The lecture can be...
Understanding the essentials of EU Trade Policy, WTO and the EU's trade agreements
17-20 October 2022 / Bruges, Belgium
The main purpose of the College’s Trade Policy course is to ensure that participants are thoroughly acquainted with the main aspects of EU Trade law and policy, WTO-related issues, and the role played by the EU in the global trade arena.
In addressing the trade policy concerns of today’s professionals, the course provides as well an updated analysis of the latest developments of EU’s trade negotiations with other large trading blocks, such as the USA and Canada for example, and of recent developments such as Brexit.
This four-day seminar gives a thorough and detailed introduction to trade law and policy and the WTO.
The course combines different learning approaches:
- Dynamic and interactive training sessions examining theoretical and practical aspects of trade policy and law;
- Exercises and case studies designed to challenge and develop essential analytical skills;
- Individual and collective feedback giving participants the opportunity to maximise their personal learning experience;
- Active debate among and between experts and participants;
- A practical course e-folder with material provided prior to the training, which include course information, outlines, handouts, key resources (readings, videos, etc.).
Why this course?
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of the EU’s trade policy and international trade law;
- Strengthen their knowledge on the EU’s role in international trade, its main goals and actors;
- Identify the legal implications of international trade issues;
- Place any problem of legal nature in the right context and develop appropriate solutions;
- Gain valuable insights into the WTO negotiations and the WTO agreements
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers, with experience working for the EU institutions and/or the WTO;
- Strengthen their legal and economic analysis skills through practical exercises;
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to learn in a multicultural environment and extend their personal and professional network;
- Receive a certificate from the College of Europe upon successful completion of the course.