Lecturer in Economic Policy at the University of Udine and Adjunct Professor of Economic Policy at the Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies. Formerly Fernand Braudel Senior Fellow at the European University Institute; Economist at the European Commission’s DGECFIN; Fellow at Bruegel; Research Fellow at the International Economics Programme at Chatham House; Visiting Fellow at the European University Institute; Visiting Researcher at the Free University of Berlin and at the University of Auckland. Ph.D. and MSc from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Marzinotto, B. (2020), “Euro area current account imbalances: a tale of two financial liberalizations”, in: Journal of International Money and Finance, available online 24/10.
- Marzinotto, B. (2019), “Varieties of Capitalim before and after the crisis: unity in diversity?” in: Chang, Steinberg and Torres (eds), The Political Economy of Adjustment Throughout and Beyond the Eurozone Crisis: what have we learnt? Routledge, United Kingdom.
- Hallerberg, M., Marzinotto B. and Wolff, G. (2017), “Explaining the evolving role of national parliaments under the European Semester”, in: Journal of European Public Policy.
- Marzinotto, B. (2017), “Euro area macroeconomic imbalances and their asymmetric reversal: the link between financial integration and income inequality, Economia Politica 34/1.
- Marzinotto, B. and Turrini, A. (2017), “Co-movements between public and private wages in the EU: what factors and with what policy implications?”, IZA Journal of European Labour Studies 6/2.
- Marzinotto (2016), "United we fall: The euro area's silent balance of payment crisis in comparison with previous ones", in: Caporaso and Rhodes (eds), The Political and Economic Dynamics of the Eurozone Crisis, Oxford University Press.
- Marzinotto (2015), "Embedded Macroeconomic Institutions: Italy's fiscal U-turn in the 1990s and beyond", in: Journal of Common Market Studies, 53/6.
- Marzinotto, B. (2014), “EU Economic Governance and Varieties of Capitalism”, in: van Genugten and Jones (eds.), Europe Today, 5th edition, Rowman and Littlefield, New York, USA.
- Hallerberg, Marzinotto, and Wolff (2012), "On the Effectiveness and Legitimacy of EU Policies", Bruegel Policy Brief.
- Marzinotto, Sapir and Wolff (2011), "What Kind of Fiscal Union?", Bruegel Policy Brief.
- Marzinotto, Pisani-Ferry, and Sapir (2010), "Two Crises, Two Responses", Bruegel Policy Brief.
- Marzinotto (2009), "Beyond Monetary Credibility: the impact of globalization on the output-inflation trade-off in euro area countries", in: North American Journal of Economics and Finance, 20/2.