The College of Europe is inviting applications for the position of European Neighbourhood Policy Chairholder at the College of Europe in Natolin (Warsaw, Poland). This senior position can be full-time or part-time (minimum 50%). Initially, the appointment covers the period of 2023-2026 with an expected starting date on 1 September 2023.
The Chair has been established in 2012 and focuses on the study of the European Union’s European Neighbourhood Policy in its eastern and southern dimension as well as on the study of local and regional developments in the EU’s eastern and southern neighbourhood.
- A PhD, preferably in European Studies, International Relations or Political Science;
- A proven track record of excellent independent and collaborative research in the field of the EU’s European Neighbourhood Policy and East European and/or Middle East/North African politics, as demonstrated by a substantial list of publications and by awards/grants;
- A significant and demonstrable experience in teaching at postgraduate level and in the supervision of postgraduate students, underpinned by outstanding teaching skills (demonstrated by e.g., teaching evaluations, teaching qualifications including with educational innovation);
- A very good knowledge of the European Union and East European and/or Middle East/North African politics;
- A very good command of English and knowledge of French, and preferably of one of the languages spoken in the EU’s neighbourhood;
- A dedicated and flexible attitude to teamwork as well as a proactive leadership style with outstanding communication skills and the ability to build and unite diverse communities;
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, autonomously and collegially in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment.
- The Chairholder will lead the Chair into the future and provide new momentum, while building on its past achievements;
- The Chairholder will direct an international and diverse team of scholars;
- The Chairholder will pursue an active research agenda, focusing on the EU’s European Neighbourhood Policy and East European and/or Middle East/North African politics, leading to academic publications in world-class outlets;
- The Chairholder will teach courses in the Major “The EU and its Complex Neighbourhoods” and supervise Masters theses;
- The Chairholder will be involved in additional activities linked to the Chair and is expected to organize extra-curricular conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lectures;
- The Chairholder is expected to perform administrative and management tasks.
Applications (in English) must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 31 March 2023 (11:59 p.m. CET) — deadline extended. All requested documents should be compiled and sent in one PDF document, comprising:
- A letter of motivation (max. two pages);
- A CV, including education and employment history, a complete list of publications, language skills, invited presentations and talks, and courses taught;
- A short description of max. four key achievements in research and teaching;
- Up to five published academic articles and book chapters;
- A research strategy (max. three pages) indicating how the applicant’s field of expertise and research plans enhance the profile of the Chair;
- Names, positions, and contact details of three referees (letters are not requested at this stage).
Should you require any further information on the conditions of employment, please contact Ms. Katarzyna Kalwas, Head of Human Resources and Payroll Office at the College of Europe in Natolin, at Katarzyna.Kalwas@coleurope.eu.
By submitting your application, you consent to have your personal data processed for the purpose of recruitment and the specific position you are applying for. You acknowledge that your data, the data provided by the referees you provide, as well as data we receive from academic institutions we can contact for verification purposes, will be processed by the College of Europe, the members of the selection committee and partners appointed by the College of Europe related to this recruitment process.
All information will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and in line with the current data process regulations.
For more information on how we use the information you have provided and how to exercise your rights, please see our privacy notice for recruitment (https://www.coleurope.eu/privacy).