The Department of EU International Relations and Diplomacy Studies has published a new EU Diplomacy Paper entitled "EU Climate Diplomacy: Projecting Green Global Leadership" written by Marc...
- Still a Beacon of Human Rights? Considerations of the EU’s Response to the Refugee Crisis in the Mediterranean, Mediterranean Politics Vol. 22, No.2, 2017: 301-308.
- Inside Fortress Europe. The Europeanisation of immigrant integration and its impact on identity boundaries, Politique européenne, 2015/1 (n°47), L'Harmattan.
- ISIS in Mosul and Sirte: Differences and Similarities, Mediterranean Politics, Vol. 23, No.3, 2017: 410-417.
- The Russian Web in the Mediterranean Region, ISPI, 22 February 2017 (with Anna-Sophie MAASS).
- EU global strategy and the changing nature of conflicts, openDemocracy, 28 November 2016.
The Revised European Neighbourhood Policy: Continuity and Change in EU Foreign Policy, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 306 p., 2017 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
Of policy entrepreneurship, bandwagoning and free-riding: EU member states and multilateral cooperation frameworks for Europe’s southern neighbourhood, Global Affairs, 8 Oct 2016 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER and Maja OLSZEWSKA).
The Middle East Quartet’s Quest for Relevance, Carnegie Europe, 20 July 2016 (with Nathan J. BROWN).
Deja vu: Moving on from the French peace initiative. European diplomacy should forge an international consensus that encourages legal frameworks over the use of force, Al Jazeera, 15 July 2016 (with Nathan J.BROWN).
- "EU-Palestinian Security Cooperation after Oslo: Enforcing Borders, Interdependence and Existing Power Imbalance", in Raffaella DEL SARTO (ed.), Fragmented Borders, Interdependence and External Relations: The Israel-Palestine-European Union Triangle, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2015, pp. 27-45.
- Peace should be enforced before negotiated: It's time for a paradigm shift in EU policies towards the Israel-Palestine conflict, Middle East Monitor, 1 April 2015.
- The Vicious Cycle of Building and Destroying: the 2014 War on Gaza, Mediterranean Politics, 2015.
- Riding Shotgun: The EU’s Role in the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict, Carnegie Middle East Center, 17 September 2014.
- The European Union and Occupied Palestinian Territories: state-building without a state, Routledge, 2014.
- Can the EU Revive the Cause of Middle East Peace?, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 29 May 2014 (with Nathan J. BROWN).
- "The European Union’s role in the Palestinian Territories: state-building through security sector reform?", in: Oya DURSUN-OZKANCA (ed.), The European Union as an Actor in Security Sector Reform: Current Practices and Challenges of Implementation, Routledge, 2013.
- The EU becomes assertive in the Middle East peace process, openDemocracy, 25 July 2013 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- Palestine donors: time to end paper solutions to real problems, EU Observer, 19 March 2013.
- Généalogie d’un euphémisme : Quand retour rime avec expulsion, Les Cahiers de Tunisie 72 (226/227), 2020: 75-99.
- Readmission, Visa Policy and the 'Return Sponsorship' Puzzle in the New Pact on Migration and Asylum, ADiM working papers, November 2020.
- La question de l'expulsion dans les relations euro-méditerranéennes : Faire la lumière sur la zone grise, Les Cahiers de Tunisie (Dossier thématique), vol. 72, n. 226/227, 2020.
- Beyond the criminalisation of migration: A non-western perspective, International Journal of Migration and Border Studies 4(4): 397–411, 2018.
- « Le gouvernement des migrations en Tunisie : Vers un nouveau paradigme ? », in: Amin ALLAL et Vincent GEISSER (dir.), Tunisie : Une démocratisation au-dessus de tout soupçon ?, Paris: CNRS Éditions, pp. 295-309, 2018.
- The Governance of Migration and Border Controls in the European-North African Context, Menara Papers 13, IAI, Rome, 2018 (with Raffaella DEL SARTO).
- "Deconstructing the "Ideal Power Europe" Meta-Narrative in the European Neighbourhood Policy", in: Tobias SCHUMACHER and Dimitris BOURIS (eds.), The Revised European Neighbourhood Policy: Continuity and Change in EU Foreign Policy, Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan, 2017.
- Deconstructing the EU’s Discourse on the Mediterranean, MEDRESET Methodology and Concept Papers, no. 2, October 2016. (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- "Constructing the EU as a Global Actor: A Critical Analysis of European Democracy Promotion", in: Aylin Ünver NOI and Sasha TOPERICH (eds.): Challenges of Democracy in the European Union and Its Neighbors, Washington DC, Johns Hopkins University SAIS-CTR, 2016, pp. 165-182.
- De-Europeanisation or Counter-Conduct? Turkey’s Democratisation and the EU, South European Society and Politics, Vol. 21, No.1, pp. 119-132. SSCI, Impact Factor: 1.241, 2016.
- "Theorizing European Identity: Contributions to Constructivist IR debates on collective identity", in: Viktoria KAINA, Ireneusz Pawel KAROLEWSKI, Sebastian KUHN (eds.): European identity revisited: new approaches and recent empirical evidence, Oxon and New York, Routledge, 2016, pp. 31-43 (with B. RUMELILI).
- Co-Editor with Pınar BILGIN and Zeynep Gülşah CAPAN, Special Issue: Turkey and Europe: Identity, Security, Values and Politics (in Turkish), Marmara Journal of European Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2015.
- Ideal Power Europe: A Deconstruction through European Union-Turkey Relations, Marmara Journal of European Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2015, pp. 41-57.
- Book Review, The European Union and Occupied Palestinian Territories: State-building without a state by Dimitris BOURIS, Global Affairs, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2015, pp. 221-223.
- The Politics of Flexibility: Exploring the Contested Statehood–EU Actorness Nexus in Georgia, Geopolitics, 2018 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- The ENP and CSDP missions in the neighbourhood, in: Tobias SCHUMACHER, Andreas MARCHETTI and Thomas DEMMELHUBER (eds.), The Routledge Handbook on the European Neighbourhood Policy, London, Routledge, 2018, pp. 259-269 (with Dimitris BOURIS).
- Southern Europe – Portugal, Spain, Italy, Malta, Greece, Cyprus in: Amelia HADFIELD, Ian MANNERS, Richard WHITMAN (eds.), The Foreign Policies of European Union Member States, Oxon, Routledge, 2017, pp. 83-98 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER and Stelios STAVRIDIS).
- Brexit is likely to hinder Britain's national security strategy, LSE Brexit Blog, 21 June 2016.
Irene FERNÁNDEZ MOLINA
- Moroccan Foreign Policy under Mohammed VI, 1999-2014, London/New York, Routledge, 2015.
- "Protests under Occupation: The Spring inside Western Sahara", in: Daniela HUBER & Lorenzo KAMEL (eds.), Arab Spring: The Role of the Peripheries. Mediterranean Politics, 2015.
- Morocco and the Middle East under Mohammed VI, Al-Sabah Publication Series, Durham University, June 2014.
- España-Marruecos: una continuidad inesperada, Anuario Internacional CIDOB 2013, Barcelona, CIDOB, 2013 (with E. SOLER I LECHA).
- La interacción entre la gestión ‘interna’ e internacional del conflicto del Sáhara Occidental por parte de Marruecos: una propuesta de cronología (1999-2013), Revista de Investigaciones Políticas y Sociológicas, Vol. 12, No. 2, 2013.
- Maroc – L’expérience gouvernementale du Parti de la Justice et du Développement: les islamistes au pouvoir?, L’Année du Maghreb IX, CNRS, Paris, 2013 (with Thierry DESRUES).
- The EU, GCC Countries and the Mediterranean Neighbourhood. Towards Synergetic Cooperation?, Gulf Research Center, Gulf Papers, 14 August 2013 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- Breaking the Deadlock in the Western Sahara, Sada, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 10 June 2013. Republished by Lakome (Morocco), The Daily Star (Lebanon) and The Cairo Review of Global Affairs (Egypt).
- El Parlamento Europeo y el conflicto de Libia (2011): ¿una tribuna moral eficiente?, Revista CIDOB d’Afers Internacionals, April 2013 (with Stelios STAVRIDIS).
- La construction de l’interdépendance entre l’Espagne et le Maroc (1995-2009), Paix et Sécurité Internationales, No. 1, January 2013, pp. 91-101 (with M. Hernando DE LARRAMENDI).
- The Climate Challenge in the South Mediterranean, openDemocracy, 16 January 2015.
- "Financial Instruments and the European Neighbourhood Policy", in: Tobias SCHUMACHER, Andreas MARCHETTI and Thomas DEMMELHUBER (eds.), The Routledge Handbook on the European Neighbourhood Policy, London, Routledge, 2017 (forthcoming).
- The Russian Web in the Mediterranean Region, ISPI, 22 February 2017 (with Andrea BECCARO).
- EU-Russia Relations, 1999-2015. From Courtship to Confrontation, London/New York, Routledge, 204 p., 2016.
- A New European Social Contract for Ukraine, New Eastern Europe, 26 March 2014.
- "Model, player or instrument for global governance: metaphors in the discourse and practice of EU foreign policy", in: Caterina CARTA and Jean-Frédéric MORIN (eds.), Making Sense of Diversity: EU Foreign Policy through the Lens of Discourse Analysis, Farnham, Ashgate, 2014 (co-authored with Esther BARBÉ, Anna HERRANZ-SURRALLÉS).
- EU Policies in the Eastern Neighbourhood: The practices approach, London, Routledge, 2014 (co-edited with Elena A. KOROSTELEVA and Licínia SIMÃO).
- "Relaciones de la Unión Europea con los vecinos", in: Esther BARBÉ (ed.), Unión Europea en las Relaciones Internacionales, Madrid, Tecnos, 2014.
- The European Neighbourhood Policy in the Eastern Region: The Practices Perspective, Special Issue: East European Politics, Vol. 29, Issue 3, 2013 (co-edited with Elena A. KOROSTELEVA and Licínia SIMÃO).
- Reforms in the judiciary of Ukraine: domestic practices and the EU’s policy instruments, East European Politics, Vol. 29, Issue 3, 2013, pp. 358-375.
- The Eastern Dimension of the European Neighbourhood Policy: practices, instruments and social structures, East European Politics, Vol. 29, Issue 3, 2013, pp. 257-272 (with Elena A. KOROSTELEVA and Licínia SIMÃO).
- "Deeds not declarations: Ukraine's convergence with the EU's foreign and security policies until 2010", in: Gergana NOUTCHEVA, Karolina POMORSKA, and Giselle BOSSE (eds.), The EU and its neighbours. Values versus security in European foreign policy, Manchester, Manchester University Press, 2013, pp. 157-174.
- Ukraine and the EU: where to?, New Europe, 2 December 2012 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- Russia’s foreign policy towards North Africa in the wake of the Arab Spring, in: Mediterranean Politics, Vol. 20(1), 2015 (with Tobias SCHUMACHER).
- EU-Russia Relations: Between Conflict and Cooperation, International Politics, Palgrave Macmillan, 14 February 2014.
- Between legality and legitimacy: Romania’s fight against corruption, openDemocracy, 11 March 2014.
- Europe is (still) failing to understand Russia’s actions in Crimea, openDemocracy, 9 April 2014.
- China is already sitting in Russia’s backyard, openDemocracy, 14 May 2014.
- Europe, Discourse, and Institutions. Challenging the Mainstream in European Studies, Routledge, 2014 (co-edited with Nikola TOMIC).
- British press attitudes towards the EU’s global presence: From the Russian-Georgian War to the 2009 Copenhagen Summit, Comparative European Politics, Palgrave Macmillan, 7 July 2014.