The European Neighbourhood Policy Chair contributes actively to the academic programme in European Interdisciplinary Studies at the College of Europe in Natolin.
At the start of the academic year, the Chairholder teaches the introductory course "Introduction to International Relations".
In the second semester, the Chair offers the following courses:
- "The EU’s Neighbourhood Policy" – Prof. Tobias SCHUMACHER (core course)
- "Formal and Informal Colonialism and the EU's Neighbourhood: Power, Knowledge, Transformation" – Dr Emile BADARIN (core course)
- "ENP Research Colloquium" – Prof. Tobias SCHUMACHER and Dr Emile BADARIN
- "The EU, Russia and the EU's Eastern Neighbourhood: power, performance and perceptions" – Dr Andriy TYUSHKA (compact seminar)
- "EU Foreign-policy Making in Times of Conflict in the EU’s Neighbourhood" – Prof. Tobias SCHUMACHER (simulation game)
The Chair is at the heart of the second-semester major "The EU and its Complex Neighbourhoods", whose courses are available to all students. Among the visiting professors are some of Europe’s leading scholars as well as distinguished practitioners. Assessed courses on big subjects are complimented by compact seminars, simulation games and workshops. The Chair also contributes to the planning and delivery of study visits.
Alongside other members of the Faculty, the members of the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair supervise Master’s theses in diverse aspects of the EU’s ENP and its eastern and southern neighbourhoods. Each year the Chair honours the outstanding student in its field. To date these have been:
- 2014-2015: Mr Tomasz FILIPIAK
- 2015-2016: Mr Benjamin LEMERLE
- 2016-2017: Mr Gabriele TALLONE
- 2017-2018: Mr Sheradh MAHAROOF
- 2018-2019: Ms Mallory TAMAIN
- 2019-2020: Ms Maria LELLI and Ms Lola FERRAND
- 2020-2021: Ms Amira AZAIEZ
- 2021-2022: Ms Maya GNECH and Mr Martí PERA PLANAS