The College of Europe in Natolin (Warsaw) is seeking applications for the position of a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship with a starting date of October/November 2017, to be held for twelve months. The post will be held within the framework of the European Civilization Chair, founded by the European Parliament in memory of the late Professor Bronisław Geremek.
We are looking for ambitious and industrious candidates with:
- a recently awarded doctorate in History or a closely related field;
- a proven track record of research in recent Eastern European history, with refereed publications;
- excellent team-working skills;
- a very good command of English. A good command of Polish, Ukrainian and/or Russian would be an advantage.
- undertaking research activities leading to high-level scholarly publications; as a minimum, writing a source-based research article in the field of recent Eastern European history and submitting it to a leading academic journal;
- contributing a leading role to the development of collective research projects by the team based in the Chair responsible for the “Three Ukrainian Revolutions” project;
- contributing more generally to the activities of the European Civilization Chair, under the supervision of the Chairholder;
- providing academic support for students undertaking Master’s theses related to recent European history and European civilization.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- a twelve-month contract under Polish law;
- an internationally competitive remuneration package;
- an international working environment.
E-mail applications in English or French, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, information on research interests and plans, a letter of motivation and the names and contact details of two referees, should be submitted by 31 August 2017 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.