The College of Europe is seeking applications for the position of one full-time Research Fellow, covering the southern dimension of the European Neighbourhood Policy (ENP), with an expected starting date of 1 September 2016 or earlier. The position will be held within the framework of the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair.
The Call is open for citizens from EU and ENP partner countries.
We are looking for scholars with:
- a doctorate, preferably in Political Science, International Relations, Comparative Politics,
- a demonstrated interest in the field of ENP, EU foreign policy making, and the EU’s southern neighbourhood,
- a demonstrated interest ideally in issues related to security, state-building, political transition, and radicalization,
- a proven track record of research and academic publications in the field of the ENP and/or politics in the EU’s southern neighbourhood,
- good team working skills,
- a very good command of English and preferably French (good knowledge of other languages spoken in the southern neighbourhood desirable),
- an ability to work as part of a team as well as autonomously and to participate in the development and implementation of research projects and international conferences,
- a sense of responsibility and initiative, results-orientation, and a sense for continuous improvement,
- good organizational skills,
- ICT skills and the ability to use current IT tools.
Under the supervision of the chairholder, Prof. Tobias Schumacher, the post-holder will be responsible for:
- the pursuit of research activities focusing on the southern dimension of the ENP and leading to high-level academic publications,
- active participation in the organisation of seminars, workshops and conferences in the framework of the ENP Chair,
- active participation in joint projects and external missions undertaken in the framework of the Chair,
- active participation in the Horizon2020 project “MEDRESET” to which the ENP Chair contributes,
- contributing to the academic program and providing academic support for students undertaking Master Theses related to the ENP,
- contributing to the implementation of the objectives of the European Neighbourhood Policy Chair, the post-holder will facilitate internal communication, foster co-operation, team spirit and a harmonious working environment with a view to increasing efficiency and academic output.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting and an international working environment,
- a two-year contract (subject to a three months probationary period) under Polish law, renewable,
- an internationally competitive remuneration.
Applications in English, comprising a letter of motivation, a detailed curriculum vitae (including a list of publications), and the names of two referees should be submitted by 13 May 2016 via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.