The Eastern Partnership team of the College of Europe Foreign Affairs (CoEFA) student group has organized a conference titled "Towards an Eastern Partnership 2.0: Discussing the Review of the European Neighbourhood Policy" on 20 January 2016.
The conference was moderated by Professor Erwan LANNON, Visiting Professor at the College of Europe, and enjoyed participation of the following guest-speakers:
• H.E. Ambassador Eugen CARAS, Head of the Mission of the Republic of Moldova to the European Union;
• Ms Hanna JAHNS, Adviser to Johannes Hahn, EU Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations;
• Ms Teona GIUASHVILI, Minister Plenipotentiary, Mission of Georgia to the European Union and Embassy of Georgia to the United Kingdom of Belgium also accredited to the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg;
• Mr Oleksandr IRKHIN, Deputy Head of the Mission of Ukraine to the European Union;
• Mr Rashad NOVRUZ, First Secretary, Embassy of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the Kingdom of Belgium and the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Mission to the European Union;
• Mr Steven BLOCKMANS, Senior Research Fellow and Head of the EU Foreign Policy at the Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS).
The event was open for College of Europe students, and a wider public. The guest speakers and the audience exchanged their views concerning the review of the European Neighbourhood Policy.
Speakers from the representations of the EaP countries to the EU also shared their perspective on the ongoing policy review.
Conference guests and participants expressed their support and interest in the work of the Eastern Partnership team and the CoEFA student group. As a follow-up to this conference, the Eastern Partnership team will be visiting the European Commission in the near future.
Our team would like to express its sincere thanks to all who attended the conference, as well as to Bourgogne des Flandres and the Portuguese Society at the College of Europe, who have supported the event.
The Eastern Partnership team of the CoEFA student group is looking forward to welcoming you at other upcoming events.