In response to the growing interest of students, scholars, governments, businesses and the general public, in the important role Digital Innovation has in today’s world, the College of Europe, with the financial support of Google, established the Google Chair in Digital Innovation. The Chair is based in the Department of European Economic Studies at the Bruges campus.
The main activities of the new Chair will be:
- A new course on "Policies for Digital innovation", open to all students of the Department of European Economic Studies, as well as to students of the Department of European Political and Governance Studies taking the European Public Policy Analysis option.
- A new lecture series on new frontiers of digital innovation, which will be opened in January 2018 by an inaugural lecture of the Chairholder, Professor Andrea RENDA.
- An Annual Conference on Digital Innovation, with several speakers from institutions, academia and industry, to be organized at the Bruges campus during the month of April 2018.
Among the topics that will be covered by the new Chair, the following will be particularly prominent:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship in the ICT ecosystem.
- The data-driven economy.
- Content, media and news: exploring the role of online platforms.
- Artificial intelligence and deep machine learning.
- Government innovation and policy implementation in the data-driven economy.
- EU policies for digital innovation.
For more information please contact Gil STEIN.