Evening Policy Talks Series
The GCLC regularly invites high level officials to deliver a speech on selected issues of competition policy under the Chatham House Rule.
Upcoming Evening PolicyTalks
- Ninth Evening Policy Talk (29 September 2014), Massimo MOTTA, Chief Economist, DG COMP.
Previous Evening Policy Talks
Eight Evening Policy Talk (13 July 2013), Kai-Üwe KÜHN, Chief Economist, DG COMP.
- Seventh Evening Policy Talk (22 May 2012), John Fingleton, Chief Executive Officer, Office of Fair Trading (U.K.)
- Sixth Evening Policy Talk (1 December 2011, Measuring What Matters: Performance Standards For Competition Agencies, William E. Kovacic, Former Federal Trade Commissioner (U.S.); Professor of Law and Global Competition Chair in Law and Policy, George Washington University
- Fifth Evening Policy Talk (19 April 2011), Staying Ahead of the Curve in EU Competition Policy, Joaquín Almunia, Vice-President of the European Commission, Commissioner for Competition
- Fourth Evening Policy Talk (16 March 2011), Competition policy: Steering the Course, Dr. Alexander Italianer, Director General for Competition
- Third Evening Policy Talk (23 November 2010), Four Years As The Chief Competition Economist – An Overview And Outlook For The Future, Damien Neven, Chief Competition Economist, Dg Competition
- Second Evening Policy Talk (12 October 2010), European Competition Policy On The Road To 2020, Nadia Calviño, Deputy Director General for Mergers and Antitrust