Arnaud VAN WAEYENBERGE
Arnaud VAN WAEYENBERGE is Associate Professor of Law at HEC Paris where he teaches EU Law, Global Law and Legal Reasoning. He is currently the Chairman of the “Law and Tax Department”.
During the last years, Van Waeyenberge’s research has been centered around (i) Internal Market of the European Union (ii) the evolution of Legal Professions (iii) Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and (iv) Global Law.
He is also member of the Perelman Centre for Legal Philosophy, visiting professor at Paris 2 Pantheon-Assas and at the Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB).
Prior to joining the HEC faculty, he was an attorney-at-law at the Brussels Bar (Clifford Chance LLP) and a legal clerk at the Court of Justice of the European Union (General Court).
Van Waeyenberge is secrétaire of the Collection « Penser le droit » (Bruylant) and a member of the editorial boards of the « Cahier de droit européen » (Bruylant) and the « European Journal of Risk Regulation » (Cambridge University Press).
Van Waeyenberge earned a Master Degree in Law (UCL) in Legal Philosophy (LLM - European Academy of Legal Theory) in European Law (LLM - College of Europe) and a PhD in Law (ULB - awarded by the Seghers Prize).
- "European legal framework for algorithmic and high frequency trading (Mifid 2 and MAR): A global approach to managing the risks of the modern trading paradigm", European Journal of Risk Regulation, March 2018, vol. 9, n° 1, pp. 146-153 (in coll. with T. CUK).
- "Direito Global: Uma teoria adequada para se pensar o direito ambiental? - Global Law: A Proper Theory to Reflect on Environmental Law?", Revista de Direito Internacional - Brazilian Journal of Internation Law, 2017, vol. 14, n° 3, pp. 9-19.
- "Fair and Equitable Treatment in Investor-State Dispute Settlement: A New Interpretative Framework", Journal of Business Law, 2017, vol. 8, pp. 632-650 (in coll. with D. RESTREPO AMARILES).
- "James Elliott Construction: a "new(ish) approach" to judicial review of standardisation", European Law Review, December 2017, vol. 42, n° 6, pp. 882-893 (in coll. with D. RESTREPO AMARILES).
- "Responsabilité Sociale des Entreprises – Enjeux Globaux et Technologiques", Revue Française de Gestion, November-December 2017, vol. 43, n° 269, pp. 161-182 (in coll. with D. RESTREPO AMARILES, L. COLOMBANI).
- Actualités de la protection juridictionnelle dans et par l'Union européenne, Larcier, 2016 (co-dir.).
- Nouveaux instruments juridiques de l'Union européenne - Évolution de la méthode communautaire, Larcier, 2015.
- Gouverner par les standards et indicateurs - de Hume au Ranking, Bruylant, 2014 (co-dir.).
- Les agences de notation financière, Entre marchés et États, Larcier, 2013 (co-dir.)