On 29 September 2022, Rector Mogherini received the visit of H.E. Mr Jean Asselborn, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Duchy of Luxembourg, in the framework of an event organised by the European...
Is the library of the College of Europe open to external visitors?
Our library is open to College students, faculty and administrative staff, all of whom may borrow library material. External visitors may use the library and the European Documentation Centre for reference purposes only; no borrowing will be possible. We do offer external visitor the opportunity to scan or copy. External library visitors need to register at the library reception desk.
Inside the library 17 cameras are installed to ensure the safety of the users, to secure the premises, buildings and goods (such as book, periodicals, etc.) and to prevent and investigate possible crimes.
Please contact the Library Director for more information on visitor permission to use the Library.
How to search the library catalogue?
Enter your keyword(s) or searchword(s) into the single search box. Use the options on the left to refine your search.
WorldCat Discovery searches :
- printed books
- journal articles, conference papers and newspaper articles from most of the Library's databases
When you select Libraries Worldwide you will find books and articles outside of our library's collection.
How many books can I borrow?
Students may borrow up to 10 books for 1 week, 2 languages courses for 1 week, 2 dvds for 1 week, 1 headphone for 1 day.
Faculty and staff can borrow 15 items for 3 weeks
Please note: Periodicals, newspapers, reference works and dictionaries can only be used inside the library and can not be borrowed.
How can I renew my loans?
A borrowed document may be renewed as many times as you like, provided that no one else has requested it.
- Use My Account to renew online through our catalogue.
- Enter your College C-card number and password. The first time you need to create one ("set password"). It is recommended to choose the same password as your College of Europe-password.
- 'Renew' the item in the 'check-out' tab.
You can also renew items at the library reception desk with your C-card, by telephone (+32 50477201) or through email.
The book I want is on loan, what do I do?
You can request a book that is currently on loan and we will reserve it for you when it is returned.
- If the item is checked out, click on the "request item" or "place hold" button in our online catalogue.
- As soon as the book returns, you'll be notified by email and you can come and pick it up at the library reception desk.
How will I know when my books are due?
The library sends courtesy emails (email@example.com) to you so you know in advance when your books are about to become due.
If your books go overdue, we will also email you to let you know.
The best way to keep track of your loans is to regularly log into your account.
What if I lose or damage a book?
Borrowers must pay the replacement cost of a lost, damaged or stolen document.
How to propose the purchase of a book?
Library users are encouraged to propose the purchase of new (e-)books filling the book purchase proposal form. By doing this, library users help us to maintain a high standard of collection building.
Please make sure that the item you want is not already in our library by checking our library's catalogue.
How do I request a book from another library (InterLibrary Loan)?
In our Library catalogue you will find an "Interlibrary loan request" button in the record (Tab 'Check Availability' / 'Libraries Worldwide'). Just click this button, complete the request form and submit it. Library staff will then take care of your request.
Or just fill out one of the following forms and check our catalogue, before requesting an Interlibrary Loan.
You will be notified when your requested publication arrives.
How much does an InterLibrary Loan cost?
All requests are free of charge for staff and students.
How does 'My Library account' work?
Login procedure :
- Please login into your personal library account with your College email address and password (sign in button on the top, right side of the screen).
- Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to borrow books, to renew your items online, to place a hold on library materials, to save your searches, etc.
Can I have Off-campus Access to the library?
Off-campus access is available through EZProxy, a remote access service that :
- Provides internet authentication for students, faculty and staff of the College
- Enables access to most library resources (except Strada Lex)
Access by :
WorldCat Discovery - click on the button in the upper right corner "Sign in" and enter your College email address and password.
In some cases a pop-up from OCLC will appear - just login with your College credentials :