To assess why EU oriented corporate political activity is undertaken, how and to what effect; and explain the regulatory and institutional context in which such activity is taking place.
To confront theory (academic research) and practice using real life examples.
- Overview and introduction to EU interest representation (definitions, comparison with the US, raison d’être)
- Corporate interest representation and democracy
- Structure and components of dialogue between EU institutions and outside stakeholders
- How EU decision making shapes interest intermediation
- Forms of corporate interest representation
- Use made by EU institutions of interest organizations
- Trade associations: role, governance, advocacy (best practices, tools and strategy), performance
- Advocacy effectiveness determinants
Please consult ECTS card.