Students will learn how to apply economic models and empirical techniques to estimate damages caused by infringements of competition law and how economic evidence is used in civil law suits.
On completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Identify the counterfactual narratives that are most appropriate for different competition law infringements;
- Recognise the types of damages that a victim of the infringement has suffered;
- Estimate the overcharge caused by a cartel;
- Evaluate the existence of pass-on effects and estimate their magnitude;
- Estimate the impact of exclusionary conducts on volume sales and market shares;
- Assess the relevance and probative value of economic evidence presented in an action for damages.
2023 - 2024