This course helps students to understand the nature of strategy making processes and to apply fundamental theories and frameworks for devising business and corporate strategies in a European context. In addition, students will gain a profound insight into the rationale for the diversification, internationalization and Europeanization of firms. A focus will be put on the challenges of mergers and acquisitions in a European context and on the opportunities created by the European economic integration.
- Strategy, Strategic Thinking and Business Strategy.
- Analysing the firm's environment: competitive pressures and competitive advantage.
- Defining strategic guidelines.
- Diversification and the search for synergy.
- Internationalization, Europeanization, and globalization.
- Growth of organizations. Vertical and horizontal integration.
- Corporate social responsibility and growth strategies.
- Manage execution, the transformation process of an organization.