All applicants to the College must hold a relevant university degree. Candidates must submit a formal application for admission, which consists of an online application.
Applications need to be submitted with all the requested supporting documents before the closing date.
All applicants, including students who do not apply for a scholarship, must indicate their selection committee (in principle according to their nationality) in the application form. Should there be no selection committee, please select 'No selection committee - College of Europe'. This does not apply to MATA applicants (Master in Transatlantic Affairs).
Recommendation letters are in the form of online recommendation questionnaires that are automatically sent to your nominated referees via email through your online application.
In order to complete the online application, you will need among others the following information/documents:
- title of degree(s) already obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- title of degree(s) to be obtained: start and end date (university, faculty, etc.)
- other academic activities
- professional experience: type, employer, start and end date, job title
- language knowledge (French, English and other), level see language requirements pages
- motivation (min 300 words)
- interest in and experience with EU and Transatlantic Affairs (min 300 words) - for MATA applicants only!
- Names and e-mail addresses of 2 professors/assistant professors/associate professors (who taught you at university and can assess your performance) in order for you to send a reference request to them via the online application system
- CV in Europass format
- copy of your university degree(s) - document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French (if you are not yet in possession of your final degree, please send it by email as soon as it is available) - high school diploma not needed
- transcript(s) from your University, Faculty, School, detailing results for every year of your studies and grades obtained - document(s) in the original language and translation into English or French (if no full transcript available: upload a list of courses for the missing semester/year)
- Erasmus studies (if applicable): mention your Erasmus experience as a separate ‘degree’ (upload a transcript – if no transcript available: upload a list of courses)
- passport or national identity card
- passport photo
Good to know!
- Please upload your documents in PDF format only (JPG and PNG only when specified)
- Some problems (online application) can be solved by using a different browser such as Google Chrome or by updating your current browser
- If applicable, please contact your selection committee to know if other documents are required
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to make sure all materials are submitted online. Applications which are not complete, i.e. including all required uploads, cannot be submitted and will not be reviewed
- Please do not wait until the last moment to submit your application in order to avoid unexpected technical & other problems