Students must take 7 courses from the list of core and specialist courses. For the selection of these 7 courses, the following rules apply:
1) Students need to select at least 1 course from the list of core courses available to them within their chosen major.
2) Students of the EPAP, EUW and EUN majors need to select 1 or 2 courses from the list of the core courses of the EHC major.
- BLOCKMANS, S. – The Legal Dimension of EU External Relations (20h, 4 ECTS)
- CARBONE, M. – EU Development Policy and the Politics of International Development (20h, 4 ECTS)
- FALKENBERG, K.F. – EU Trade Policy (20h, 4 ECTS)
- FRÖHLICH, S. – After Liberal Hegemony - The transatlantic partnership and the return of Great Power Competition (20h, 4 ECTS)
- JORGENSEN, K.E. – Conceptualizing the Foreign Policy of the EU (20h, 4 ECTS)
- LAVENEX, S. & TRAUNER, F. – EU Asylum and Migration Policy in Global Context (20h, 4 ECTS)
- MARTELLI, A. – International Political Economy in a Changing World Order (20h, 4 ECTS)
- TARDY, T. – NATO and European Defense Policy (20h, 4 ECTS)
- CABESTAN, J.-P. – China and the World (20h, 4 ECTS)
- LEWIS, M.A. – Crimes against Humanity and International Justice (20h, 4 ECTS)
- MAYR-HARTING, T. – The European Union and Bi- and Multilateral Diplomacy (20h, 4 ECTS)
- MILLS, K. – Human Rights in International Politics (20h, 4 ECTS)
- NASSEF, Y. – International Climate Governance (20h, 4 ECTS)
- PORTIER, P. – Religion in Global Politics / La religion dans un monde globalisé (20h, 4 ECTS)
- PYNNÖNIEMI, K.P. – Contemporary Russian Foreign and Security Policy (20h, 4 ECTS)
- SHEA, J. – Security and Conflict Management (20h, 4 ECTS)
- WINAND, P. – Comparative Regionalism (20h, 4 ECTS)
Master’s thesis colloquium
Students are automatically registered in the major's research colloquium.
- WINAND, P. & STEINGASS, S. – The EU and the World Research Colloquium
Students can select a maximum of 2 compact seminars.
- BUHLER, P. – Weaponisation of Soft Power (8h, 0 ECTS)
- CHASE, P. – Digital Transatlantic Rift (8h, 0 ECTS)
- DIMIER, V. – L'Etat post-colonial en Afrique à l'épreuve des politiques européennes de développement (8h, 0 ECTS)
- FREYTAG VON LORINGHOVEN, A. – Challenges of Multilateralism and Intelligence Cooperation (10h, 0 ECTS)
- GARDINI, G.L. – The International Relations of Latin America and its Interaction with the EU (8h, 0 ECTS)
- HANHIMAKI, J. – Security Adaptations after the Cold War Between War and Peace (10h, 0 ECTS)
- ISLAM, S. – The EU and the Indo-Pacific (8h, 0 ECTS)
- JERMALAVIČIUS, T. – Terrorism and Hybrid Warfare in the EU and its Neighbourhood (8h, 0 ECTS)
- KALDOR, M. – Security in the 21st Century (8h, 0 ECTS)
- VIMONT, P. – The EU and Crisis Management in Practice (8h, 0 ECTS)
- WATKINSON, P. – Paris Agreement Implementation (10h, 0 ECTS)
Participation in the simulation games is optional.
Cooperation with external partners
Students can choose any number of the following elements.
The Professional Development and Career Orientation programme complements the academic programme with on-site, made-to-measure support and guidance in helping to shape the students’ professional paths.
In addition to benefitting from a bilingual study programme, students can take advantage of language courses on offer implemented by the Languages and Intercultural Dialogue Office. The following languages are on offer: English, French, Italian, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish and Arabic. The courses are tailored to the individual students' needs, and are also focused on transversal skills required by employers.